Mold Remeidation Process
Post water damage can lead to mold growth and it is very important to have trained professionals assist in identifying the type of mold as well as remediating the mold. Below we share the process of Mold Remediation and how we go about restoring your home or business.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (570) 714-3828
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
SERVPRO of Hazleton/Dallas/Harvey's Lake is here 24/7 to help.
Risks of Poor Fire Cleanup
structural fire damage
It is very important to take proper steps in cleanup after a fire loss. Trying to clean yourself or hire an unexperienced professional can cause more damage to your home.
Damages are not always visible
Not all damage is visible to the naked eye.
Smoke damage can cause significant damage to your home . Structure damage includes walls, ceilings and floors. It can cause odor problems from mold growth caused by moisture trapped in porous materials like drywall or wood paneling and furniture.
Smoke Contains harmful chemicals. If you don't know how to clean up after a fire yourself, hire a professional who does know how to do so safely.
If the smoke is not cleaned up correctly, it can become permanent. Smoke odor damages property value by devaluing homes on the market.
Poor fire damage clean up jobs can result in long-lasting damage
The first step in restoring your home after a fire is removing the smoke odor. The second step is removing any fire damage that may have occurred to your property, including drywall and other building materials. The third step involves making sure there's no mold growth on or around anything that was damaged by water or smoke during cleanup efforts. Finally, you need to make sure all of your belongings are safe and secure while they're being cleaned up by professional contractors who know what they're doing
Not taking the proper steps will cause potential more damage and additional costs in repairs to you as the homeowner.
If you are suffering from a fire loss our professionals at SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County are here to help. Our trained professionals will assist you and ensure proper measures are taken to restore you home. We are available 24/7 at 570-714-3828
SERVPRO Hazleton/Dallas/Harvey's Lake team
SERVPRO of Hazleton/Dallas/Harvey's Lake is happy to announce our new office opening in Hazleton. We are located at 125 N. Warren St. West Hazleton, PA.
We are thankful to serve the community we were born and raised in. We are proud members of the Hazleton Chamber of Commerce and look forward to an upcoming ribbon cutting ceremony.
We look forward to continuing to be a part of this great community and be a local resource for you.
SERVPRO is the #1 choice in Cleanup and Restoration. Water Damage, Fire Damage, Mold Remediation, and Biohazard clean up are some of our key services.
Here 24/7 for you! Call us today at 570-714-3828
Fire Damage prevention tips
After any fire damage situation, your primary focus should be safety first:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call (570) 714-3828
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
SERVPRO of Hazleton/Dallas/Harvey's Lake is available 24/7 for your emergency needs.
Water Damage Prevention
Water loss clean up
Water problems within your property are not just inconvenient, they can cause severe damage, mold growth, health hazards, and expensive repairs if not mitigated quickly. Finding water in your home because of a pipe bursting or aged water heater leaking can cause stress and a sense of overwhelmingness. The first step in limiting the damage to your property is being aware of the location of the water shut -off valves. So, knowing how to find and operate the property’s water shut-off valve is essential to mitigating damage.
Below are some action steps you can take to prevent an extensive water loss.
- Locate the Shut Off Valve– If you do not already know the location of this in your home or commercial properties, this is the first step. It is typically found in a utility area, garage, or basement.
- Turn Off the Water– Once you find the valve, turn off the water.
- Minimize Damage – Try to contain water and move personal items and furniture out of the way to protect your contents. Mop and clean up as much water as possible quickly.
- Notify Your Insurance Company on the extent of damage.
- Contact a Professional Mitigation Company who will work with your insurance company to ensure proper clean up.
- Repair and Replace– Your Mitigation and Reconstruction partner will extract any excess water and dry out timely to prevent mold and future damage to the property.
As mentioned previously, being aware of the location of the valve and shutting off the water quickly is imperative to minimize the damage and cost of repairs.
SERVPRO of Hazleton/Dallas/Harvey's Lake is a trusted mitigation partner and can help you in your time of of need. 24/7 support. Contact us at 570-714-3828
Water Damage Mitigation
Water Damage Mitigation
Spring storms can lead to unwelcome water losses.
Spring showers bring May flowers but can also bring about unwanted water losses, flooding, and leaky roofs.
When evaluating a loss due to water, it is important to understand the proper mitigation steps necessary.
There are 3 Categories of Water
Category 1 water damage: Consists of Clean water that is sanitary
Category 2 water damage : Consists of Grey Water that is significantly contaminated
Category 3 water damage: Consists of Black Water that is Grossly Contaminated
Pending on the Category of the water loss there are specific steps to follow and at times containment that must take place.
SERVPRO of Hazleton/Dallas/Harvey’s Lake has trained and certified technicians that can diagnose the category and take proper measures to ensure your home or business can be restored. Our team is required to follow safety regulations and always keep the customers’ safety and satisfaction in mind when stabilizing the loss.
We are open 24/7 and are Here to Help! Call us today at 570-714-3828
You can count of SERVPRO
Emergency Situations call for quick response time, especially in a case where your home or business is compromised.
SERVPRO of Hazleton/Dallas/Harvey's Lake is here to help.
We offer :
- 24/7 availability
- Trained and certified professionals
- Commercial equipment
Our SERVPRO Brand has more than 50 years of experience and over 2000 Franchises. Our key Services Include the following:
- Water Damage Remediation
- Fire Damage Remediation
- Mold Remediation
- Biohazzard Cleanup
- Reconstruction Services
If you find yourself in need of help in a disaster please contact SERVPRO of Hazleton/Dallas/Harvey's Lake at 570-714-3828 Here to help!
Mold Remediation professional help
It is important that you contact a professional if you should see signs of mold in your residential or commercial property. The first step is to determine what kind of mold you are dealing with . Once this determined you can take the proper steps.
Utilizing Chlorine Bleach to stop mold from growing is a Myth. Bleach loses its effectiveness overtime an will evaporate leading you right back to where you started.
SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City, Wyoming County is here to help with any question you may have or needs regarding mold remediation.
Contact us at 570-714-3828
Prepare for a Storm with the SERVPRO ERP
Be prepared for any emergency with the free SERVPRO Emergency Plan.
Getting Started with the Emergency READY Program
- STEP 1: Visit SERVPRO.com/ready. Register for an account using your email address as your username and choose a password.
- STEP 2: Choose your preferred SERVPRO Franchise Representative to contact in the event your home or business experiences water, fire, mold or other type of damage.
- STEP 3: Begin creating ERPs for all of your properties.
- STEP 4: Download the SERVPRO Ready Plan Application on your iPhone, tablet, Android or Blackberry device from the respective App Store.
- STEP 5: Launch the Ready Plan App and sign in using the same username and password from STEP 1.
At this point, it may take a few minutes for the data to sync. All of your ERP information will appear on your tablet or mobile device. You can now access and manage ERP information from your computer, tablet or Smartphone.
Emergency READY Program Best Practices
Using Tablets: Using a tablet is highly recommended. The tablet allows you to easily input data on-site as you walk through the facility and also take photos as needed.
Non Tablet Users: If not using a tablet, the most efficient way to complete an ERP using the SERVPRO Emergency Ready Program is to input data accessing the website (ready.SERVPRO.com) using a computer and importing photos using your mobile device. If assisting a client, please follow these simples steps:
- STEP 1: Make the appointment to walk through the facility in order to capture the needed information for the ERP.
- STEP 2: Print a Field Form that can be used to write in ERP information (optional).
- STEP 3: Download the SERVPRO Ready Plan App on your iPhone, Android or Blackberry device from the respective App Store.
- STEP 4: Launch the Ready Plan App and create a free account.
- STEP 5: Establish an Emergency Ready Profile on your mobile device by logging on and choosing the Emergency Ready Profile button.
- STEP 6: As you walk through the facility, capture the property information by writing it on the Field Form.
- STEP 7: Capture property photos using your mobile device.
- STEP 8: Once the walk through is complete, log onto SERVPRO.com/ready using a computer. The property established earlier using your mobile device will appear on the main screen. Select that property and input the information from the Field Form. All photos should already be populated.
Getting Help If Damage Occurs
Once you have an ERP set up, getting help cleaning up and/or restoring your property is just a few clicks away.
- STEP 1: Access your ERP by launching the App on your mobile device or tablet or visit SERVPRO.com/ready.
- STEP 2: If you prefer to call SERVPRO simply click on the phone number to contact SERVPRO of Hazleton, Dallas and Harveys Lake.
- STEP 3: If you would like to submit a first notice of loss from within the Ready Plan app, click on the relevant icon on the main screen (fire, water, mold or general cleanup).
- STEP 4: If an ERP on the damaged property has been established, the needed information will automatically populate, speeding up the submission process. Simply navigate through the 3 screens of needed information, filling in areas including cause of damage, time and date then submit the notice. You will be contacted shortly about the damage to your property.
- STEP 5: While you wait, feel free to review the damage mitigation tips. Any of the tasks you can perform will help reduce further damage.
Sharing Your ERP
Sharing your ERP with other decision makers can be an important step to ensure that those within your facility have access to critical data in the event of a loss. It also allows for the delegation of an ERP or several ERPs to certain individuals within your company or residence.
It is important for us to keep a copy of your ERP to ensure we have access to critical property information, and can be prepared to clean up and restore your damaged property upon arrival.
How to share:
Option 1 (USING COMPUTER)
- STEP 1: Visit ready.SERVPRO.com/erp. Under the Emergency Ready Profile tab, simply click on the name of the property you would like to share.
- STEP 2: Click on the “Property Actions” drop down menu in the upper right corner of the Property Over view section and select “Share.”
- STEP 3: On the next screen click, “Share This ERP.” Choose either “Read Only” or “Read/Edit” to define the type of access you would like to give.
- STEP 4: Enter the email addresses of the individuals with which you would like to share the information. Multiple email addresses should be separated by a comma.
- STEP 5: Add any notes and click “Share.”
Option 2 (USING A MOBILE DEVICE OR TABLET)
- STEP 1: Launch the App.
- STEP 2: Choose “Emergency Ready Profile” from the main screen.
- STEP 3: Choose the property you would like to share.
- STEP 4: Choose “Share this ERP.”
- STEP 5: Enter the email addresses of the individuals with which you would like to share the information.
- STEP 6: Choose either “Read Only” or “Read/Edit” to define the type of access you would like to give.
- STEP 7: Choose “Share this ERP.”
Commercial Fire Damage in Hazleton
If you have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage,
Call Us Today.
After the Fire Department and Fire Trucks leave a fire in West Hazleton, you may not know where to turn. The last thing any commercial property or business owner wants is a long business interruption following an emergency.
This is where our team at SERVPRO of Hazleton, Dallas and Harvey's Lake can help. We have a team of trained professionals and state of the art equipment that can get your business back up and running, "Like it never even happened."
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. When various materials burn, the soot and residue they create differs greatly and requires a specific cleaning procedure. The steps listed below illustrate our process for the “typical” fire damage restoration.
- Emergency Contact
- Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment
- Immediate Board-Up and Roof Tarp Service (if needed)
- Water Removal and Drying (if water damage is present)
- Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces
- Cleaning and Repair
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (570) 714-3828