Water Damage Prevention
Water problems within your property are not just inconvenient, they can cause severe damage, mold growth, health hazards, and expensive repairs if not mitigated quickly. Finding water in your home because of a pipe bursting or aged water heater leaking can cause stress and a sense of overwhelmingness. The first step in limiting the damage to your property is being aware of the location of the water shut -off valves. So, knowing how to find and operate the property’s water shut-off valve is essential to mitigating damage.
Below are some action steps you can take to prevent an extensive water loss.
- Locate the Shut Off Valve– If you do not already know the location of this in your home or commercial properties, this is the first step. It is typically found in a utility area, garage, or basement.
- Turn Off the Water– Once you find the valve, turn off the water.
- Minimize Damage – Try to contain water and move personal items and furniture out of the way to protect your contents. Mop and clean up as much water as possible quickly.
- Notify Your Insurance Company on the extent of damage.
- Contact a Professional Mitigation Company who will work with your insurance company to ensure proper clean up.
- Repair and Replace– Your Mitigation and Reconstruction partner will extract any excess water and dry out timely to prevent mold and future damage to the property.
As mentioned previously, being aware of the location of the valve and shutting off the water quickly is imperative to minimize the damage and cost of repairs.
SERVPRO of Hazleton/Dallas/Harvey's Lake is a trusted mitigation partner and can help you in your time of of need. 24/7 support. Contact us at 570-714-3828